Sunday, May 25, 2008

A "moment"....

This morning I was writing an email to Trish, a dear friend from out of state who is coming to house-sit while we are in China when I had one of those "Oh Sh#*t" moments! I think this may have been the first time it really hit me that we are actually going to get on an airplane for 20+ hours, travel to a third world country, where we do not speak or read the language, pick up a child that we have never met before to bring home to be our daughter and spend the rest of our lives with. This actually sounds a little crazy!!! I went down to share my "moment" with Eric and ask him if he had experienced something similar. He assured me that in fact, he had had such a moment before and was surprised that it took me so long, because usually it is me that does the crazy stuff!
Well, I guess this must be normal - - at least I hope so! There is no denying that along with all of the excitement comes a little fear and apprehension, but I would not trade any one of these feelings right now for anything in the world!
Crazy or not Meredith, you are going to be stuck with us and we're coming to get you as soon as we can!!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Crazy and amazing!!! We saw a friend this morning that was wearing a t-shirt that said - "Adoption...it's not for wimps!" Amen to that!! We're crazy enough to do this twice! :)

Lindsay said...

At least she will always know that she will have some sanity in her older sister :-)

Anonymous said...

Margo & Eric,
You'll find people who speak English up there. It's not crazy; It just shows how good of a heart you have and how courageous you are! Well that's what we do for the love of our children; you know in your heart she's been yours no matter what since the day you thought about this, and she's been waiting for someone like you. Crazy is what I did when I went to Japan with my toddler to have my second baby up there, just fifteen days before he was due, and without speaking English at all. You should be very proud of yourselves!
Love,
Geny