Sunday, January 25, 2009

Making Cupcakes









Yesterday was a cold, snowy day and I thought it might be fun to bake some cupcakes and let Meredith help decorate them. She is always interested when I am in the kitchen - she goes to her drawer, or to the pantry and pulls out various cans and tupperware and spoons and basically everything she can and does her own version of culinary arts. So I figure this would be fun! Actually it was a lot of fun and Lexi (Dalmation),had a hayday camped out under Meredith's stool chowing down on sprinkles, sugar and various decorations. (I'm surprised the dog wasn't sick)!

BTW, if you are wondering about the new hairdo......let me just say one thing;
If you are ever considering Cost Cutters and you are in a hurry......DON'T!! No matter how much your child's hair is driving you crazy. This haircut that Meredith has now is the result of a "fix" from a disaster of a cut from a week ago. Thanks, Tiffany!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Meredith is adorable no matter the haircut! And I bet it will come in thicker and seem to grow more quickly now. I think Ren is about due for a little trim.

Looks like you two had a blast making cupcakes! :)

Debbie said...

oh my goodness .. meredith really is as cute as a cupcake!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just love her little face!!!!!!!

- debbie from hannah's hospital room

Terri and Rich said...

I have been watching your blog faithfully just waiting for an updated picture! Too cute! Yeah, I had Daddy take Jenni to just get her bangs trimmed and it was soo short and uneven. Next time I will go with to make sure not so short!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh...that wonderful taste..it looks like such a great ending to a wonderful day of baking with "Mom"....Meredith looks soooo happy and so serious making the cupcakes...love all the pictures..am soooo sorry I could not meet up with you in Phoenix but will be waiting for the next time...keep the wonderful pictures coming...hugs all...Chella

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to spend a cold winter day. Meredith is so precious. Her cupcake decorating skills are outstanding.

NorasMommy said...

That looks like such fun -- and you even came away from it with a tray of cupcakes! I'm not sure we'd have such a good outcome, but it would be fun trying.

Meredith is so cute - was it her first haircut?

Jennifer