Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Doctor's Visit

This morning Meredith had her first well-baby check up with her Dr. The visit went well - much better than the assembly line method at the Guangzhou medical facility!. Meredith is very healthy, weighing in at 17.6 pounds (only the 5th % for her age), 30" tall (75th %), and in keeping with the Young tradition, her head circumference is 47cm ( in the 90th percentile). She will need to have several more immunizations, but we decided not to give them today and will wait a few weeks instead so that she is not over traumatized by her first visit to this office! Everyone was happy to see her there - she seems to make new friends everywhere she goes! We will be gradually switching her formula to straight milk which is good because she is getting low and I have no idea where I might find the Chinese brand she has been eating! Dr. Paul says the table food of chicken, noodles and fresh fruits and vegetables that she loves are perfect for her, so that will continue, as well.
Now we will have to tackle the major hurdle of sleep....starting tonight!!

On a sad note, my Aunt Carol passed away Sunday and we will be traveling to Montrose for her service tomorrow. I am so sorry to see my relatives under these circumstances, but feel fortunate that we will all be together much sooner than we had planned. My brother is flying in tonight from Oregon.
Rest in Peace, Aunt Carol.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hi Guys,

I'm so sorry to hear about you experiencing another loss. What an emotional few weeks it's been for you. I'm praying for peace and healing for you and your family.

Glad to hear Meredith is healthy and doing well! I am cracking up that Ren out-weighs her by a pound and she's 4 months younger!! As my boys point out - she'll help develop some great arm muscles! :)