Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back To Work


This week Eric and I started back to work part-time. Eric will work 3 days this week and I will work 2 and then next week we will switch. After that we are going to rely on some family for day-care fill-in until Meredith can start full-time September 1st. Today was my first day back in my office and it was a little tough, although very comforting to know that Meredith was with Daddy. Right before I left for China, my office was moved to the third floor so when I went to work today I walked into a new office of boxes, new furniture, 4 weeks worth of mail and 869 unopened email messages.....it was a little overwhelming! Needless to say I don't really feel like I accomplished too much and I am dead tired, but it sure was great to come home to that great smile!!

5 comments:

Terri and Rich said...

Wow!! That is alot of emails. I have just been going in Saturdays and then today to do payroll. I don't have near the amount of work to catch up on as you do!! I leave Jenni with Rich on Saturdays and it is hard but I hear you when you say it is so nice to get back to that sweet little "smile". I go back to work full time 2nd week in August. It is going to be hard to leave her but I know it will be ok!
Hugs,
Auntie Terri and Uncle Rich

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Oops...sorry about that - didn't realize that Chase (my oldest) was signed into his google account!

Meredith's smile is SO precious! Give her a smooch for me!!

T n' W said...

Even though she's in good hands I think I'd have a hard time leaving that smile too!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, what a great smile....and what about that neat trailer...Meredith, you can just sit back, chow on that bottle and ride the rockies while Dad gets his exercise !!!! Wish I were back in Colorado to help care for Meredith while you work...hugs to you all. Love, Chella